The International Street Theatre Festival of Halmstad and FACE organised PUBLIC, a European seminar dedicated to the social impacts of arts in public space. PUBLIC consisted of conversations and presentations from international experts as well as regional stakeholders. The seminar mainly consisted of case-studies, topical conversations and presentations of successful methodologies.
The mix of international and regional experts, producers and officials provided a great chance for trans-local networking and exchange. Speakers included:
- Johanna Tuukkanen (ANTI – contemporary art festival, Finland)
- Jordi Duran (FiraTàrrega, Catalonia, Spain)
- Pauline De La Boulaye (Journalist / Curator, France)
- Daniel Azzopardi (St. James Cavalier – Centre for Creativity, Malta)
- Ellika Stare and Lars Nillson (White Architects, Sweden)
Discussions and lectures started on Monday 6 October afternoon and ended on Tuesday 7 October evening. International delegates had the opportunity to see the performance Glitch by Swedish artist Johan Wellton at Halmstads Teater.
Download the invitation and programme here.
Download the participant list here.