This regional meeting took place over two days on the occasion of the 9th edition of Theater op de Markt Festival and gathered member and non-member organisations from Belgium, Luxembourg and the Netherlands. The topic was “Arts and Business: Developing New Relationships”. The participant list is available to download here.
During a first session, participants and guest speakers explored innovative examples of successful partnerships between private or public businesses and arts organisations. The second session encouraged participants to exchange ideas on potential European cooperation projects between Arts and Business, or projects facilitating all forms of collaboration and dialogue between these sectors.
During the conversation, several examples or recent studies / projects were mentioned – find here a series of documents:
- Introduction by Yohann Floch
- Study: A Desire For A Conversation by Judith Staines (Access to Culture, Creativity & Creation Working Group)
- Dossiers for 2015 business partnerships by Plus Petit Cirque du Monde, Rotterdam Circusstad, Circo Circolo (flyers for evenings, partnership with Jumbo)
- Report (without appendix): Connecting Arts And Business Project – Realising The Potential for Creative Partnerships (2015)
- Leaflet: Creative Clash (2009 - today)
- Leaflet: Competence Sponsorship by SNCF
Theater op de Markt consists of a summer festival for open-air theatre during even years and an autumn festival for circus theatre in odd years. The autumn festival takes place in the domain of Dommelhof, Neerpelt. Throughout the year, the production cell of Theater op de Markt supports promising productions that afterwards get visibility within the festival programme. Theater op de Markt is, therefore, considered a 'creation festival', offering valuable initiatives from Belgium and abroad.